Membership provides the opportunity to:
- Strengthen the child-parent-teacher relationship.
- Have a stronger voice in educational issues and decision making.
- Give parents an understanding of how schools work and assist in interpreting schools in all their aspects to the public.
- Confer and cooperate with our educational partners: the Department of Education and Early Education, the Nova Scotia Teachers Union.
- Participate in discussion groups and committees regarding policy and curriculum development at local, regional, provincial and national levels.
- Formulate and submit resolutions to the provincial government and other parties interested in improving education and the quality of life for all students.
- Have representation on and join forces with other provincial and national organizations with similar aims.
- Receive current, accurate information on educational issues and trends in Nova Scotia and throughout Canada.
- Have access to a wide variety of important resource materials.